The reason I took the step of dating online is because my time is compressed: I get the children out the door in the morning, drive to work, work, drive to pick up the children, scramble to put dinner on the table and try to catch up on work, housework or quality time with my angels in the evening. I usually collapse of exhaustion sometime before ten each night. In other words, I don’t see a lot of openings or opportunities during which I might happen across someone who shares similar interests, knows other folks in common or might otherwise catch my gaze from across the room, knowing instantly…
Ideally, this would all unfold more naturally: my wish is to meet someone who is part of one of my circles, with whom I get to spend time in groups — someone with whom a sense of comfort and interest will develop over time, blossom into a friendship and then become passionate over time.
So here is my wish to the universe:
- Let him have kind eyes and a warm smile.
- Let him get me and all my weirdness and idiosyncracies and love me not in spite of them but because of them.
- Let our relationship come at the right time and for the highest good of everyone involved.
- Let us bring out the best in one another.
- Let us be blessed with abundance so that we may give and share and be generous with the blessings we bestow upon others.
- Let him save a special look just for me.
- Let us love, honor and respect each other.
I realize this list is a great deal different from what I wrote many, many months ago — and which I haven’t looked at since I don’t know when, probably more than a year now.
I’m not sure whether or how this might happen, but I’m keeping the faith and holding space in my heart for the possibility.